Stopped taking syntroid. On low iodine diet. Found high TSH level. Should I be worried?

Hi, dr. I stop taking syntroid for almost a month and im on low iodine diet preparation for my second r.a.i my tsh level went up to 106 is this a XXXXXXX sign? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I want to know few things before further discussion.
1. What is range your laboratories using? Please mention the range.
2. Also please mention what is unit used like mmol or ml etc.

As you are on medication and stopped since 1 month. Level is primarily appears to be increased.

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Stopped taking syntroid. On low iodine diet. Found high TSH level. Should I be worried? 15 hours later
Its the reference range is0.4-4.50 thats the normal range and im 106.54 out of range,dr.your second question I dont how to answer it.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
I got my answers. TSH level is definitely increased significantly above the normal level. As you have undergone total thyroidectomy it is necessary to continue thyroxine supplements. Thyroid hormone are necessary for body. In addition that you are on low iodine diet which is again causing increase in TSH. Had you stopped drugs after consulting with physician or your own?
You need to consult your physician or surgeon again for proper adjustment of dose.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.