Stopped taking pill. Getting mood swings, fatigue, loss of motivation and cold sores. Normal?

Question
Hi. I stopped taking the pill 4 months ago and I'm yet to get it back. I've also experienced a slight weight gain, mood swings, fatigue. Loss of motivation and I'm getting cold sores. Slight weight gain is two kilos which I can not budge. I'm only 60kgs so I think if I were pregnant I'd be able to tell by now? Please tell me that when I get my period back ill be happy and back to normal??
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 10 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Can you please provide more information regarding:
1. When exactly was your last menstrual period?
2. What is your height?
3. Do you have any medical problems like thyroid?
4. Were your cycles regular before starting pills?

waiting for your reply,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Stopped taking pill. Getting mood swings, fatigue, loss of motivation and cold sores. Normal? 6 minutes later
I had my last period at the end of November. I am 163cm. I don't have any medical problems and my periods were regular before I went on the pill but that was 8 years ago.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I suggest you to get a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out pregnancy.
Once pregnancy is ruled out other cause of missed periods is excess weight gain, ovarian cyst and PCOS.

Following tests will narrow down the above causes.
1. FSH, LH levels.
2. Serum testosterone levels.
3. Ultrasound abdomen for polycystic ovary, follicular ovarian cyst.

All these conditions are treatable and you will get your periods within a month.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask for further clarifications.
I will be happy to help.

regards,
Dr Nilofer