Stopped taking lexapro and advised to take Viibryd. Have OCD and having obsessive thoughts about death. How to overcome these thoughts?

Question
I recently stopped taking lexapro since it seemed to not work anymore. My doctor put me on Viibryd and I have taken the 10 and 20 mg and am now on day 2 of the 40 mg. I have OCD, and I am having obsessive thoughts about death, etc. How long before the 40 mg. of Viibryd will reduce these thoughts?
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You will see the effects within 7 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Health Care Magic,

Viibryd is a relatively new drug, used for depression and also for OCD. Your Doctor has started your medication in a right manner. We have to slowly titrate the dose. You will see significant improvement within a week. It has fewer side effects as compared to other anti-depressant medications. Most of the patients would tolerate it well. and continue it until the desired effects come under constant supervision of Doctors.

Wish you good recovery. If you have any further query, you are most welcome.

Dr H Hamdani

Follow-up: Stopped taking lexapro and advised to take Viibryd. Have OCD and having obsessive thoughts about death. How to overcome these thoughts? 33 minutes later
Will I see relief in 7 days after taking the 40 mg?

Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you will

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to health Care magic,

Yes, Hopefully you will see the relief in seven days after starting 40 mg dose of Viibryd. You were switched off from Laxapro, and started Viibryd with small dose of 10 mg for a week, and then gradually increased to 40 mg. This was done to avoid withdrawl effect of laxapro. Viibryd works superior to laxapro. 40mg is the full dose of Viibryd to gets its proper effect.

Thank you.

Dr H Hamdani