Stopped taking generic birth control pill, had brown discharge. Could this be my period?

I recently stopped taking a generic birth control a free clinic gave me because the bc was making me have a nonstop period. two weeks after, I had a light brown discharge. Could this be my period? Im sort of nervous because yesterday I stupidly had unprotected sex and now Im afraid that I could have been ovulating.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Excessive bleeding is not a trait of bc pills, it make me sceptic whether the pills were really effective.
You probably had a poorly expressed period and you may ovulate in current cycle.
So you are having a risk of pregnancy, get a urine pregnancy test by home kit, just to reasonably rule out pregnancy and be watchful in near future for symptoms of pregnancy.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!