Stopped taking domperidon and breastfeeding. Getting brown and black period. Cause of concern?

Hi, since I stopped breastfeeding and off the medication (Domperidon) to produce milk.... My period has been brown/ black from beginning to end. What can this be?
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later

I understand your concern about brown/black colour menstrual blood.
This is a normal color change.
It happens when the blood is older and not being expelled from the body quickly.

Menstrual blood after a period of ammenorrhea is usually dark.
You need not worry.
It will normalize within next 2 cycles.

Hope i have answered your query. You can write to me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer