Stopped taking atenelol, chlorothalidone. Started taking lisinopril. Having anxiety. Safe remedy?

My dr. had me stop taking Atenelol/Chlorothalidone 50/25 and switch to Lisiniprol the following day. I am on day two of the Lisiniprol and I have been having anxiety about the possibilty of having withdrawal symptoms (ie herat attack) from stopping the Atenelol cold XXXXXXX My blood pressure seems to be about the same it was (I have an at home monitor), but I have been having off and on palpitations today that got me worried.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Lisinopril is better in some aspects.

The usual dose of chlorothalidone of late has been reduced 12.5 mg in most cases.

Atenolol is a beat blocker – has actions also on anxiety, angina, heart rate and so on. It should not be stopped suddenly, but tapered step-wise over a period of time – to avoid rebound, which probably s the case with you now.
Continue Lisinopril / take atenolol (alone / not with chlorothalidone)) at half the dose (25 mg) for about a a week / reduce by further half (12.5 mg) in the next week / then alternate days for 2 or 3 doses and stop. All will be well

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Stopped taking atenelol, chlorothalidone. Started taking lisinopril. Having anxiety. Safe remedy? 6 minutes later
How XXXXXXX can rebound be? I am worried because I do not have any atenelol to take.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 18 minutes later
Not very much - considering you are already on day two.
No need to worry
It may be available - in another brand name, from different company / check with local pharmacy