Stopped taking angizzar 25 and amloguard 5. Have raised total cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL. Concerned

I had been taking Angizzar 25 mg + Amloguard 5 mg. I have discontinued it for past 2 years. I didn't take any medicine. Now on a general check up my Total cholestrol is 230.8 mg/dl Triglycerides 219.7 mg/dl and LDL 144.8
On LIver function test SGOT is 52 U/L and SGPT is 70 U/L My BP is 100/150 My age is 56 Male and weight is 68 Kg any suggestion please
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
Two issues a) Your Disease b) Problems in treatment; we have to deal with.
You have risk factors for coronary artery disease first was diagnosed two years ago that is high BP or hypertension. I do not want to scare you but blood pressure can produce harmful effects on your body silently. Now your blood pressure off drug has been recorded 150/100 mm Hg. Please get same drug Losartan prescribed in the dose of 25 mg twice a day. That should take care of it.
Your cholesterol is another risk factor and you have raised total cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL. What I would like to know how much is your HDL (Good Cholesterol) and second thing I want to know is your liver function test are within normal limits of the laboratory in which it was done (and if you take alcohol minimize it both in quantity as well as frequency, high liver enzymes can be because of it at times). If these are within normal limits you will have to get another drug prescribed that is Rosuvastatin in the dose of 10 mg per day. That tablet you should take at Dinner time (either before or after). That is about drugs. But you ought to combine Drugs with appropriate low fat and low sugar diet and exercise with aim of brisk walking at the rate of 5 KM per hour for 40 minutes a day. Initially you can start slow. If you have any follow up query I will be most happy to answer. Looking forward to hear from you.
With best wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW