Stopped taking alprax and fludac due to headache and fatigue. How to cure this?

Hi I took alprax 0.25 and fludac 20mg for exact 9 days. but I had problems like headaches,fatigue. So i stopped taking it immediately. but i still have same problems . i am feeling scared, not feeling hungry,light headedness. please help
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
These features are not classical side effects from these two drugs rather it seems that apart from the panic attacks you may be having the anxiety and depression accompanying which are the reason for such feelings.
Typically a patient feels, anxious, sad without big reason and unable to feel happy and has a feeling of worthlessness, not wanting to do job, or suicidal thoughts to name a few.
If that is the case you should urgently review to a local physician/psychiatrist to get evaluated and treated.
Another small possibility is of Acidity induced by the drugs and simple over the counter medicines like Rantac150 orally twice a day may be helpful which you can start trying.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Stopped taking alprax and fludac due to headache and fatigue. How to cure this? 6 minutes later
i had stopped taking the drugs 3 days back. u mean to say this has nothing to do from withdrwal from the 2 drugs. will taking of these drugs today will help as i will get appointment to a doctor only on monday?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Welcome back.
Taking Rantac oould help if you have developped the acidity problem so you can try.
The antidepressants are slowly acting drugs and need time to act so you can restart but do not expect a drastic result.
Infact there is a lag period of one week atleast before you can see any advantage.
Hope that helps.