Stopped taking BP medicine. Getting electric shock feeling in chest and head. Cause and cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i got a feeling like an electric shpock across my chest and into my head had quadruple by pass in 2004 was taken of my blood pressure tablet two weeks ago
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The electric shock like feeling in your upper body is likely to be related to a benign cause like electrolyte imbalance.
Another possible cause is vitamin B complex deficiency.
You need to keep your body well hydrated with plenty of fresh fruit juices.
Regular intake of rejuvenating fluids might help. Apart from the sports drinks which contain glucose and electrolytes you must have enough water alongwith to avoid dehydration.
Taking vitamin B complex supplements and methylcobalamin supplements for at least two weeks regularly will help in reducing your problem.
I would recommend you to get your blood sugar levels checked and visit either a neurophysician or an orthopedic doctor for examination if this problem does not improve.
Your doctor mostly will give you a neurotonic like methylcobalamine tablets for a couple of months which will resolve your problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.