Stopped smoking. Having throat harness and cough. Taking montek LC. Cause and cure?

I had smoking habit but i have stopped it completely a week back.. now i'm having throat harness & cough. whether this is due to the medicines i'm taking for allergy (montek LC & metatop nasal spray) or some other reason?
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

After you stop smoking, you may experience both the physiological and psychological symptoms of withdrawal from nicotine. While some of these symptoms can be bothersome, they generally start to improve after a couple of weeks of remaining smoke-free.

Sore throat, dry mouth, nasal drip and cough are the prominent symptoms which a person faces after quitting smoking.

This is caused from your body getting rid of mucous which has blocked airways and restricted breathing. Drink plenty of fluids, drink cold water, fruit juice, tea, use cough drops, gum or hard candy.

You shall be all right soon. There is no need for any medicine for this. You may continue to take your medicines which you are taking.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Follow-up: Stopped smoking. Having throat harness and cough. Taking montek LC. Cause and cure? 19 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your clarification.

Actually i'm feeling very tired & i'm afraid whether this would be symptoms of cancer. can you clarify?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 33 minutes later

Fatigue, tiredness, headache, depression, irritability, etc., are all part of nicotine withdrawl symptoms. This in no way is a symptom of cancer and I assure you,there is no cancer in you.

Gradually in few weeks time you shall be all right completely. Rather you would be having a wonderful and active feeling.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Stopped smoking. Having throat harness and cough. Taking montek LC. Cause and cure? 54 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

As the same symptoms were given for cancer i'm really afraid. kindly provide your suggestion whether i can go for cancer screening?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for the follow up query. I can understand the worry you are going through.

There are so many symptoms which are common to many diseases, but it doesn't mean that a person would be having all those diseases. So stop worrying. Absolute way of making it sure is by investigations. You may get an X - XXXXXXX chest done which would show if a cancer is there in the lungs.
You can also get examined by an XXXXXXX medicine specialist to see if any signs of any diseases are there.

I hope it should help you.