Stopped norethisterone to get period. Getting severe pain but no sign of bleeding. Any thoughts?

Excellent
Question
I stopped norethisterone 8 days ago to have a period. I have had bad cramping and elevated pain in the areas endometriosis is suspected. However, I show no signs of bleeding.How long does it generally take? I am on only 5mg a day as I have trouble tolerating the side effects.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 41 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Dose of 5mg of norethisterone is inadequate to induce periods.
The recommended dosage is 5mg three times daily.
Usually you get the periods within 7 days of stopping the medication.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Stopped norethisterone to get period. Getting severe pain but no sign of bleeding. Any thoughts? 13 minutes later
I am on norethisterone to stop bleeding due to the endometriosis. I want to have a bleed but is this not going to happen for me?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 17 hours later

Wait for couple of days. If the problem is not solved, you can repeat norethisterone with the dose of 5mg twice daily.

regards,
Dr Nilofer