Stopped birth control pills. Have brown clots, vomiting, pain, frequent urination. Have ovarian cysts. Hormones adjusting?

Just came off the pill last month, I had a regular period with light flow for 3 days. Now, it's a week and a half later and I have quarter size dark brown clots (I believe thats what this is) coming out with no fresh blood. It's just clots. It started this morning I felt sick to my stomach, ran to the bathroom and while vomiting felt stabbing pain and then almost immediately this started. The pain has subsided to a dull pressure and I feel like I constantly have to urinate or have a bowel movement. Does this sound like just hormones adjusting? I also had an ultrasound about a month ago that showed 2 ovarian cysts on the same side. In the last 7 hours or so it's been about 8-9 of these (again possibly clots) coming out.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Passing of dark brown clots after your period is over is suggestive of the old blood that is coming out now. If there is no fresh bleeding associated with it then there is nothing to worry. These brownish clots will stop spontaneously once the uterus is emptied.
After stopping the pills it is common to have minor menstrual problems and irregular cycles. There is nothing to be worried about and your cycles are likely to come back to their normal rhythm in 1 or 2 months.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.