Stopped birth control 2 months ago, cramps, brown discharge

was wondering what was wrong with me hadnt been on my birth control since almost 2months and ihave had cramping it seems forever and 2 days ago i went to the bathroom and had a brown stringy discharge that looked just like a booger what does this mean?
i have had alot of discharge as well
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

I would first like to rule out the pregnancy here, if you did not have periods for the last two months as you have got off from the birth control measures.I do consider a need for the test.

If you had periods the last months and experiencing the symptoms mentioned above , I would ask you not to worry .As these symptoms could probably be due to hormonal imbalance which is very much expected after stopping hormonal contraceptives.This will surely limit on its own taking time ranging from 2 months to 4 months and this is normal.

Do take antispasmodics to alleviate the pain and avoid any kind of hormonal treatments for another 3 months to prevent worsening of the condition and let the natural hormonal levels study up.

Do take Multivitamin supplements , this will help to some extent to get out this problem early.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.