Stopped Yaz pill. Had PMS symptoms, cramping, bloating, no bleeding. HPT negative. Any suggestions?

I came off the Pill Yaz last sunday i had all the sypmtoms pms, cramping, bloating, feeling generally rundown and tired but NO bleeding. i did a HPT and it was negative. i have skipped my period on the pill for quite a long time nearly 6 months maybe.. any suggestions would b great
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Post pill amenorrhea is a common finding after you stop taking the pill. In most of such cases, the periods resume on their own in 2-3 weeks. Initially the bleeding may be light or irregular which will become regular later on. If this does not happen, you could be having possible hormone imbalance. Especially if you have put on weight, any hair growth over face, chin, abdominal distention you could be having possible Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).

The other possibility is less oestrogen in your body and you may need a trial of oestrogen hormone by your Doctor to help thicken the layer in the uterus to enhance chance of bleeding.

It would be best if you consult your Doctor if the withdrawal bleeding does not happen in next 2-3 weeks to rule out possible hormone imbalance and get the appropriate therapy after thorough evaluation including possible ultrasound scan to see the status of the inner lining if the uterus as well.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.