Stopped Femilon, had unprotected sex, not getting pregnant, have regular periods. How long will it take to get pregnant?

Question
I am 25 years old.I got married on 4th dec 2011.I have been on femilon from October 2011 and left it on february 2012.We had unprotected sex many times after getting off to femilon.But still I have not conceived.I am getting regular periods.Please let me know how long it will take me to get pregnant?
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 31 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

In a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days, ovulation generally takes place on 14th day of menstrual period.

You can use Ovulation Prediction Kit to identify date of ovulation.

To get pregnant, you should have unprotected sex on the day of ovulation, and for a couple of days thereafter.

To improve the quality of semen, your husband can avoid sex during other days.

Just after sex you should take rest for few hours in the bed itself.

Your husband can get his semen tested after abstinence for a week.

If semen report is normal and you don't become pregnant within few months, will also require evaluation by a Gynecologist.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Stopped Femilon, had unprotected sex, not getting pregnant, have regular periods. How long will it take to get pregnant? 2 hours later
But I have heard that it takes generally 6 months to conceive after getting off to Contraceptive pills.So should I wait for 6 months?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome again,

Menstrual period starts on 14th day of ovulation.

Contraceptive pills prevent ovulation, and Bleeding(period) is due to withdrawal of drug(contraceptives).

You are getting regular periods after leaving contraceptives in Feb,2012.

It means ovulation is taking place regularly and egg can get fertilized with sperm.

Thus, there is no need to wait for six months.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Stopped Femilon, had unprotected sex, not getting pregnant, have regular periods. How long will it take to get pregnant? 10 hours later
Is there a chance of getting pregnant..I am very much tensed.Because I want a baby.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome again,

You are just 25, and there is no reason to become tense.

To increase chances of pregnancy, prefer to have unprotected sex on 14th day & for a couple of days there after.

After sex you should take rest for few hours in the bed itself & avoid washing.

You can do daily one mala of mantra "Devkisut XXXXXXX XXXXXXX jagatpate, dehi may tanaym krishn: twamaham saranm gat:"

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Stopped Femilon, had unprotected sex, not getting pregnant, have regular periods. How long will it take to get pregnant? 33 minutes later
Thanx a lot..last period I had on 9th XXXXXXX 2012 and this month I had on 7th july. so what will be my exact ovulation date?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 36 minutes later

Welcome again,

As the duration of your menstrual cycle is 28 days, next ovulation is expected on 20th/21st july.

You can use ovulation prediction kit to identify the date of ovulation.

With good wishes,