Stopped Dianette, spots on skin, was taking Roaccutane. Suffering from low confidence

Question
I came off dianette 7 weeks ago as I am now trying to conceive. I haven't had a period yet except the one you have after you finish your pack. My skin has also broken out with the most terrible spots. I had bad skin as a teenager and into my 20's and have been on roaccutane before choosing dianette. I am now 34 suffering from the same low confidence I experienced in my 20's. Would appreciate some advice.
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Since you have been taking oral contraceptives for a long time, it is common to have mild hormonal irregularities once you stop taking the pills.
In your case pregnancy has been ruled out. Now you need to consult your gynecologist who will advise you hormonal pills to have a withdrawal bleeding.
You will resume your normal cycles over next 1-2 months after which you can conceive normally.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Stopped Dianette, spots on skin, was taking Roaccutane. Suffering from low confidence 6 hours later
When I saw my gynaecologist recently for a smear he said that it may take a few months to return to normal. Should I be asking for hormonal pills from him or my GP? Is there anything I can take for my skin that would not affect me trying to conceive?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can ask for the hormonal pills from your gynecologist to regularize your cycles.
Since body hormones severely affect the appearance of acne, topical treatments are not likely to help you much.
Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.