Stones found in upper kidney. Suffering from pain. Can I ask a doctor?

kindly advise me
i am suffring stone pain.... pls advise me 5mm stone found in uper kidney
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Do you have symptoms with the stone? Or just it was detected by routine health check up?

The size of the stone is small enough to pass through by normal gravity and flushing by urine formation.

I suggest you to increase the intake of fluids where there is more urine formation and the stone can pass down. You can wait for the stone to pass down. Sometimes the stone can stuck in the ureters at some kinks where the ureter rotates. In such a case the Urologist can do a cystoscopy and pull the stone.

Hope this helps.