Stomachache and gastritis. Noticed mucus in stool. CT scan normal. What could be causing this?

I have had extremely painful cramping for almost a week now. I have a lot of gas by burbing a lot by pressing down on the pain in my stomach. My stool has been light brown yellowish color and looks fuzzy its soft. yesterday the was like a yellow mucus, sometimes i feel constipated or i only go just a tiny bit but feel a little better still and other times it comes out very easy.but anytime i have to go I'm in the worst pain imaginable I went to the hospital they did blood work and a ct scan and everything came back normal. I'm in so much pain help what could this possibly be? I have been eating very bland like bread or rice drinking tea with honey and water staying away from dairy. This is the first time anything like this ever has happened. I feel relief after I make a bowel movement while I go to the bathroom I'm burbing . The pain doesn't ever completely go away. When I stand up or walk it makes it worse. A heating pad gives the cramping a little bit of relief. I'm on these medications. Prednisone 5mg 1x , prograf 4mg 2x, cymbalta 60mg 1x, metoprolol 100mg 1x, niphedipine 30mg 2x, OxyContin 20mg 2x, oxycodone 15mg 1 every 6 hrs, baclofen 10 mg 1x, baby aspirin 81mg 1x, intermezzo 1.75 mg at bedtime as needed its a new sleeping medicine a sublingual. Thank u I hope u can help me
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 hours later
Hello dear, thanks for such a detailed history. With all the details, I can find the following causes for your problem.

1. Severe gastritis - as you are taking lot of medication.
2. lupus- lupus itself can involve the gut. There can be vasculitis of gut
3. infection- as you have semi formed stool and pain.
4. Irritable bowel syndrome- as your symptoms is changing.

Now from this list I would keep infections and lupus on top.

I would suggest you to XXXXXXX a gastroenterologist, and discuss the above causes.
You might need to take a course of antibiotics.

An advice from my side.... please take isabgul husk daily with water at bed time. This will surely help you.

Wishing you a rapid recovery. Let me know if you have further queries.

Thank you