Stomach upset,stress,anxiety,prilosec

Ive been experiencing a morning upset stomach for approximately two weeks today. I had blood work done and the doctor thinks it could be stress related. I agree. But that being said... I need to move on in life and need to wake up feeling better. Or at least be able to get better so I can go to work? My doctor suggested Prilosec. Of course I am reading of patients who took Prilosec and their anxiety got worse... Confusing. Right now I am exercising, trying to eat right and stay busy... Not been easy. XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 30 minutes later

Because of longterm use of ibuprofen you might have developed gastritis, so are the symptoms.
Omeprazole, omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate (Prilosec, Zegerid) is a proton pump inhibitor drug (PPI) prescribed for the treatment of ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease
the anxiety is one of the rare side effect seen in only few and most of times seen in long term users only.
Need not worry, Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.When doctor thinks that the benefit of taking prilosec is greater than it's side effects then they will prescribe it.

I agree that it is not easy to exercise,eat right& stay busy, but if you persist it will become a habit for you and a permanent remedy .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Wish you Good Health.