Stomach upset, soft stool with black specks. What could this be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi, I'm just wondering if you could help me here. I have had an upset stomach for a day or two now. I have just been to the toilet for a poo,it was light brown and formed a soft mound. when i looked at it there were black specks in it, so when i wiped there was a black speck on the toilet paper. So i picked it off and squeezed it between my finger nails,and it burst like what would happen if you squeezed a black head. I'm a 29 year old male if that helps. What could this be?Could this be something i have eaten or could it be some sort of infection?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Usually when the stoach is upset the digestion process is impaired

As you have mentioned you have an upset stomach, There are all chances the black speck is undigested food particle like a mustard seed

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Stomach upset, soft stool with black specks. What could this be? 25 minutes later
It is also not very often i have solid poo. it always seems to be soft and forms a pile. could this be something to do with my diet.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query

If there is regularly problem with the consistency of stool, you are probably siffering from collitis

It would be better if you take good amount of fiber in your diet

Take a seven day treatment of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole

Add a probiotic and you should be OK

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Stomach upset, soft stool with black specks. What could this be? 18 minutes later
Is it true collitis can lead to more serois things in the future?

Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Except for its recurrent nature simple collitis can not end up in major complications

In case it keeps on recurring go for a stool examination and if that has Pus cells go for a culture report and get treated accordingly

If it has blood in it go for a colonoscopy

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon