Stomach size increasing, acidity, indigestion, gas, constipated BMs. Help

i'm a lean thin person and was happy with my body. My stomach was flat always bt since last 1 month its size is increasing/bulging and i'm getting heavy acidity and suffering from indigestion. I can feel all gases trapped in my stomach and back and neck.
Little burps .
I want to get relieved by releasing all trapped gases from my stomach and backside thus making my stomach flat as before and regulating my digestion.

Bowel moments are not very free in the morning , around 12 AM again I am getting sensation of bowl moments .

I eat home cooked food and drink black/green tea.

I am taking some Vitamin tablets in the morning and evening after my Hernia surgery 5 months ago .

I am drinking Lot of water .Eating only fruits and Nuts in the morning .

please help.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence.
You are not taking balanced high fiber diet and not doing proper exercises.

Your diet should consist of 25% Fat (86 % Unsaturated = 7 % polyunsaturated 7% Monosaturated No saturated fats) 45% Protein (1 Gm per Kg body weight) 30% Carboydrate as proportion to XXXXXXX your energy requirement which would be around 1800 calories. Tips for Healthy Diet are:

The Eight Point Plan
■Eat plenty of fiber, pulses, whole grains, foods made with wholegrain flour (such as wholegrain bread), and fruit and vegetables give you the benefit of fiber as well as its associated essential fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins. Grains are better only coarsely ground.

■Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, especially XXXXXXX leafy ones. These give you the vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and fiber you need. Peel the fruit as little as possible (peel and pith are nutrient rich). Cook vegetables lightly by steaming or stir frying, and eat some raw everyday to benefit from their hormones and enzymes.

■Cut down your fat intake ( especially saturated fat ). Choose fish, offal (organ meat), game, poultry, whole grains, pulses, nuts and seeds, or sprouted seeds, rather than red meat and cheese.

■Cut down your sugar intake. Use sugar as flavoring rather than as a food. Avoid cakes, sweets, chocolates, biscuits, puddings, ice-creams, jam, fruits canned in syrup, soft drinks, sugar in tea and coffee, and milk shakes.

■Cut down your salt intake. Instead of adding salt to your food use herbs, spices, fresh ginger, horseradish, lemon juice, tomato puree, vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable stock, yeast extract, chutney, and other flavorings.

■Cut down your consumption of processed food to avoid the XXXXXXX empty calories" of saturated fats, added sugar, refined cereal grains, and additives.

■Drink only moderate amounts of alcohol. If you take that much better.

■If you are overweight, exercise more and consume the amount of food and drink that will enable you to reach and keep to your optimal body weight

You can take Isabgol in milk during night time for normal bowel movement. No need for taking vitamins.
You ought to do exercise even brisk walking say 5 KM/hr speed walking for 40 minutes every day is good enough exercise. Do it daily. In two weeks time you will start feeling better. If you have any specific question please ask I will be too happy to answer.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Stomach size increasing, acidity, indigestion, gas, constipated BMs. Help 5 minutes later
Isabgol ?

Please suggest specific name and how to use .
Thanks for your message,
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 19 minutes later

This is for example manufactured by Dabur. But you have many companies which make preparations and WWW.WWWW.WW does not claim that any one is superior to others these are available Over The Counter prescription not required

Dabur Isabgol is a powdered Pysillium-based natural laxative for relief from constipation. It is a specially formulated, triple refined admixture of Isabgol and select adjuvants. Nature Care Isabgol increases the total surface area available for fluid absorption within the digestive tract. It is completely free of effervescent and other harmful chemicals, and is carefully balanced to reduce salt content. With no risk of side effects and an improved flavor and mouth feel.

Chronic Constipation
Irritable bowel syndrome

Isabgol (Plantago ovata) husk powder
Regular 100 gm, 200 gm & 375 gm
Orange and Lemon 100 gm

Adults One teaspoonful 2-3 times a day
Children Half teaspoonful 2-3 times a day
Completely safe for human consumption
Can be taken even during pregnancy & lactation
Caution: Powder should never be taken as such, as it may cause severe choking.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW