Stomach problem, nausea, diarrhea, blood in nose, anxiety. Had zantac, lexapro. Is it a sinus infection?

I am on Zantac 300mg 2x a day for stomach issues, and I take Lexapro 10mg for anxiety. I have been very nauseus for about a week. I have had diarrea off and on this week and I think the nausa is coming from drainage (I don't feel congested, but feel like I have drainage in the back of my throat) this morning when I went to blow my nose the right side had a little blood in it. Do you think I have a sinus infection, or what may be wrong with me? I just went to the doctor yesterday and they put me on the Zantac 300mg 2x a day, I hate to go back today with a new symptom.
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You seems to be suffering with Rhinitis &/or Sinusitis with post nasal drip.

Blood can come out of nostril on blowing out, if mucus membrane is dry.

Post nasal drip occurs due to excessive secretion of mucus by nasal mucosa.

But mucus generally doesn't cause nausea, while blood can cause.

If blood is coming as post nasal drip, it requires urgent attention.

As you are not feeling nasal congestion, sinusitis might be causing it.

To confirm diagnosis, examination of nostrils and pharynx and some tests on the basis of examination may be required.

Following test may be required:-T & DLC, Eosinophil count, nasal endoscopy, biopsy and X-Ray &/or CT scan.

In my opinion, you require examination by an E.N.T.Specialist as early as possible.

Mean while you can take anti emetic, antibiotics and anti histaminic with consultation to your doctor.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask,

With good wishes,