Stomach pain, watery and smelly stools. Medication? Difference between Bacigyl and Bacigyl N?

What is the difference between Bacigyl and Bacigyl-N? Under what health problems they are used? My 8 yr. old son (22.5 k.g.) have stomach pain, 3-4 times watery stools taht is smelling bad. Vomitted once last night. What shall I give?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 27 minutes later

Bacigyl syrup contains Norfloxacin and Bacigyl N contains Norfloxacin along with Metronidazole.Both of them are used to treat various infections of bladder,digestive system,urinary tract etc.

Since your child is having watery stool along with stomach pain and vomitting it is indicative of infection which can be either bacterial,viral or parasitic in nature.

It requires a detailed examination and if required stool test to rule out the cause and start appropriate treatment.

Kinldy visit a Pediatrician for evaluation and avoid self medicating the child.

Meanwhile give lots of fluid to prevent dehydration and give home made light food items as khichdi,buttermilk,curd rice,coconut water etc.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.