Stomach pain on passing air, urination or defecation. What is causing this?

Why my stomach hurts and more so when I pass air, urinate or defecate during the past few weeks
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The mild pain on passing air or urination or defecation is likely to be related to an intestinal colic. This might be a result of an irritable bowel syndrome- more prominent with stress and anxiety. Try to do some dietary changes and lifestyle modifications for relief.
1.Some vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts) and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness and should be avoided.
2.Drink plenty of water, and avoid carbonated drinks such as soda, which may cause gas and discomfort.
3.Eat smaller meals and eat slowly to help reduce cramping.
4.Low fat, high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole-grain breads may help .
Reduce Caffeine,Alcohol,Dairy products,Fatty foods,Artificial sweeteners .
You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol, tums, imodium, entrocalm, etc for symptomatic relief.
Daily exercises along with a low fat diet will help you overcome the problems.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Stomach pain on passing air, urination or defecation. What is causing this? 22 hours later
All the vegetables you told me not to eat I have been eating and lots of them. What vegetables can I eat?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Eat soft, bland, cool food like yoghurt, curds, plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of home available fluids like water, dilute lemon juice with sugar.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Stomach pain on passing air, urination or defecation. What is causing this? 2 hours later
I eat a bowl of raison brand cereal daily because it keeps me regular. If I fail to eat it my bowel movements become quite firm . Do you think that may play a part in the Irritable Bowel Syndrome? If I can no longer eat it I would need to replace it with some other food product. I definitely do not want to take laxatives.

Thanks again

I will follow your advice to the letter.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 hours later
You can continue taking raison brand cereal and keep your bowel movements regular.

It is not likely to cause the irritable bowel.

You can consult me again directly through my profile URL

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Warm regards