Stomach pain, not able to eat, white thick liquid in stools, weakness, have mental tension. Have one abnormal kidney. What is wrong?

Question
hi , i m kidney patient.....as my one kidney doesnt work from my birth..but now a days....i have stomach pain.....do not able to eat .....and have white thick liquid in my potty...and felt weakness..........pls tell me wht is wrong.......from last 10 months i have mental tension also...
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Abid 1 hour later
Hi there and sorry to hear about your problem....

As you mentioned you have stomach pain along with reduced appetite and whitish discharge in your stools you may need to rule out the possibility of stomach ulcer, also if someone has deranged kidney function test it can present with poor appetite, nausea and often stomach pain.

So I will suggest you to get your kidney function test as you have already one functioning kidney, in addition to that get urease breath test to rule out the possibility of Helicobacter Pylori germ possible cause of stomach problem, so get test and proceed further. Mental tension/anxiety can occur in setting of prolong illness.

Regards and have a nice time.

Follow-up: Stomach pain, not able to eat, white thick liquid in stools, weakness, have mental tension. Have one abnormal kidney. What is wrong? 1 hour later
So i have to go for renal test and is there is possibility of stomach cancer.

Answered by Dr. Abid 3 hours later
Thanks for your follow up question.

Yes, you should go for kidney function test, and it is highly unlikely that you have stomach cancer it can be simply inflammation or ulcer that can be treated once diagnosed, so you should get urease breath test as I advised you.

Regards.

thnk u so much doctor........

Answered by Dr. Abid 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the appreciation.

You are most welcome. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention, “Dr. Abid". And please do not forget to close this discussion and rate my answer.

Have a nice time.