Stomach pain, no appetite, gray stools, no vomiting, no fever.

My son has had stomach pain over the past week. No appetite and gray color stools. He has had no vomiting or fever.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Pale or gray coloured stools are usually present in liver disease like hepatitis, gall bladder disease and malabsorption syndromes.

You need to have him see a paediatrician so that a general and abdominal examination can be done. Also blood tests for hepatitis is necessary.

At his age, gall bladder problems seem less likely. Hepatitis occurs commonly in that age group. Also an ultrasound needs to be done to look for any problems in the biliary system.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no further queries.