Stomach pain, gas, watery stools. on pep, bismol, prevacid medication. Blood work abnormal, eos high. Treatment options?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi i have stomach pain for 3 weeks the pain is in upper part of my stomach it started by a lot of noise and gas in my stomach after eating i had watery stool but it got better after using pep to bismol but the pain after eating gas runnig and the feeling of fulness is still with me i went to a doctor and i use prevacid 30 mg each day but i cannot eat more than rice and yogurt of simple things is it normal to be like this for 3 weeks? i had a blood work and the only thing that was high was my eos percent that was near 21 percent can you help me thank you
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 12 hours later

From the description of symptoms it appears that you might be affected by infection of gastrointestinal system.

A thorough physical examination and routine stool examination in consultation with your antibiotic will help you in treating the infection. Your physician will also help you in prescribing the needed antibiotic.

Do you frequently eat outside?

Bismuth helps in symptomatic relief, but the cause is yet to be identified and eradicated. Hence I encourage you to consult your healthcare provider for evaluation and prescription.

Hope my answer is useful and helpful. Should you have any queries with regards to my recommendations, I will be available for clarifications.