Stomach pain, eye pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, no fever, applied ice on eye, rested

Son 6 complaining that his stomach hurt and eye was aching. On the way home he fell asleep, but then woke up and vomitted. He didn't eat a lot today, but his eye still hurts and he doesn't have a fever. I have ice on his eye now and he is resting at the moment.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later

Abdomen pain in children is usually associated with gastrointestinal infection. Food and water being the most common portal of infection. Usually the symptoms improve spontaneously with no major adverse effects. So do not worry. Give him plenty of fluids. Gradually give him BRAT diet (i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or soft easily digestible semisolid diet and whitegrape juice.

These measures should suffice. If pain, vomiting increases, consult a doctor for immediate medical attention.

Regarding pain in the eye, if it is associated with redness and watering of the eye then he might have contacted conjunctivitis. The symptoms should be better with use of antiinflammatory and antibiotic eye drops. You may get them prescribed to you by your primary doctor. In the mean time hot compresses / icing might benefit him.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.