Stomach pain, diarrhea, gas, stools not black. Had teeth cleaning done, had cold, got cortizone shot. What to do?

I'm 45 male, and am experiencing stomach pain for the past 3 days. started at the top of the stomach just under the rib cage, now it is more in the center of the stomach. XXXXXXX pain about a 4 or 5 out of 10, they come on randomly and during certain positions. I have had a teeth cleaning last week and have just gotten over a cold, where I took alot of over the counter meds and got a cortizone shot in the arm to feel better.
Stools are not black, but had diarhea last night. I also have gas. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 20 hours later

The diagnosis depends on the nature of pain.

A colicky nature would make it more likely to be enteritis - small intestinal inflammation - More likely in your case as you had disrrhoea also. A burning or pricking nature makes it more like Gastritis / Gastric ulcer - Steroids and pain killer can cause these.

I would suggest you to get a stool routine examination done.

Take some probiotics and avoid milk and milk products for 10 days. Rest management will depend upon the stool examination reports.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.