Stomach pain, diarrhea, gas, germs in sputum. Stomach cancer?

Hi Doctor,
i am was suffering from stomach pain and loose motion for 3 weeks. I consulted the doctor. He said might be infection and gave tablets. Nothing changed. so he asked to take test for germ in sputum. The test
is negative. Then he suggested to consult a gastrouble specialist. That week i felt ok. so i havent consulted him. But again after 1 week, i pains in stomach and gas through anus , and then pain goes
away.This happens thrice a day.
Is this gas trouble problem or suspicious symptom of even stomach cancer?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 8 hours later

After going through the description provided by you, I feel that your symptoms of pain abdomen - gas passage - relief of pain with a history of loose stools of 3 months may be secondary to either
1) An inflammatory or infectious disease of the intestine with patial/subacute intestinal obstruction
2) A motility disorder of the intestines

At your age chances of cancer are rare.

Please see a Gastroenterologist for complete examination and few investigations like stool examination and culture and sensitivity, rectum tissue biopsy and Colonoscopy may be done. This will help us in coming to a conclusion and the treatment would be followed according to the results.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: Stomach pain, diarrhea, gas, germs in sputum. Stomach cancer? 1 hour later
on monday, i am going to consult the doctor. I want know wat could have caused this. Is it the food or something else? how much days might it take to cure from this. Already stool test is done for finding germs. But everything is ok in the test.
is there anything serious becoz i suffering from this for almost a month.
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 24 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

Bacteria constitute around 90% of the stools, so germs on a stool examination is normal.

As mentioned earlier it is either an inflammatory or a motility disease. Both of them can be treated once the cause is determined. So go ahead and get your self evaluated.

The type and duration of treatment vary and depend on the cause. Hence I encourage you to consult a doctor.

Wish you good and healthy recovery.