Stomach pain, diarrhea, foul smelling and dark stools

I am having pain in my belly, along with dirrhea for the past 4 weeks, maybe only one thin soild bowel movement in the 4 weeks. Also foul smelling dark color stools. Bad enough to wake me up from sleeping.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 12 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

You are having pain abdomen and diarrhea for 4 weeks. Most common cause of diarrhea usually is GI tract infection. First step will be to take a course of antibiotics and anti-amebic drugs. Also you need to get stool microscopy and culture examination done.

If this does not helps you then these symptoms will require further investigations and you will need assessment by a physician or a gastroenterologist.

Hope my suggestions help you.

Dr Dinesh Singal