Stomach pain, constipation, blood in stool, tumours. Colon cancer. What can the mass be, advise?

I had stomach pains for around 3 months and then the got so servre i went to the hosptial where they told me I had costipation. 2 weeks later I noticed blood in my stool, when I called the doctor they told me to take a sample. The very next time I went to the toliet, to my shock there were 2 tumors the size of ping pong balls in the toliet, they looked round and fatty and had small blood vessels on the outside. I took them to the doctor and they have been sent for testing. The problem is the doctor didnt even try to explian what it might be? I dont seem to have any pain anymore and im not constipated. My fear is that I may have colon cancer, Im am a 33 year old male otherwise fit and healthy with no history of colon cancer to my knowledge
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 24 minutes later

I will be able to understand your problem better if you can write back with answer to these queries:-
-Do you have change in stools pattern or increased frequency?
-Do you have family history of cancer of stomach or colon?
-Is there any associated symptom like nausea,unexplained weight loss?
-Do you have daily ribbon like stools and pain in rectum?
-Do you have fatigue,tiredness,or daily blood loss?

Based on your description, I think your doctor may be right. This just could be due to constipation.

Blood in stools can be due to bleeding from piles (which is a dilated blood vessel), from a crack or fissure (caused by hard stools as a result of constipation) and some cancers. The ball like tumors could be more likely balls of impacted stools, covered with fatty tissue and blood.

Presently you should wait till the test report come by.

Awaiting your reply.

Take care and Regards
Follow-up: Stomach pain, constipation, blood in stool, tumours. Colon cancer. What can the mass be, advise? 39 minutes later

Thanks for your response.

Prior to passing the tumors I seemed to go more often but it was loose and thin.

There is no familiy history other than breast cancer with my granma and a brain tumor with my grandad

Stools used to be ribbon like or thin but pain was spread throughout my lower stomach.

I do feel tired but I cant say if this is recent as I work long hours and always feel tired!

The tumors were 100% tissue slighlty transparrent and smooth with a few small cappilliries or blood vessels on the outside. One of them had some blood and stool on it. Im assuming these had blocked my digestive tract which led to the costipation and somehow they have come away from me. I've looked online and cant find any instances where somone has passed a tumor rectaly.

I guess I should just wait for the result but I just wanted to understand what it might be.

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back with the details.
Normally there is no chance for a tumor to pass rectally the reason is that a tumor for that matter cancerous growth is attached to the intestine or any part it grows in and detaching it can cause severe bleeding that may need urgent medical attention.
A tumor like thing that if gets detached will be more likely a ball of impacted stool,worms etc so a report will help a proper diagnosis as it was like tissue.
Yes the tiredness could be due to long working hours as you said.
Presently I would suggest you to wait for the report and according to the report you can consult the doctor and he will guide you with further line of treatment.
Since the constipation issue is reduced and there is no bleeding hopefully it should not be any major problem.
Please wait for the report and hope for the best.