Stomach pain, burning after bowel movement, yellow pellets in stool. Earlier done colonoscopy. Reason?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I recently had a lot of stomach pain, thought it was associated with high level of naproxen I've taken this week, and maybe toradol injection for migraines. After passing a stool the burning mostly subsided but I saw these yellow almost capsule shaped pellets in my stool. They are firm and have white powdery stuff inside. I thought it may have been the gralise I stared recently that went in digested? Also I have had a colonoscopy a few years back and it came back clean....
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in
The information you have provided is suggestive of drug induced gastritis

The amount of medicines you are taking need to be taken care off
Also manage your stress level with meditation etc as this will increase the problems

You need to add a PPI to your daily medicines

Also the pellets in stool with powder, can not be anything other than a medicine which has passed off as it is

Reassure yourself
Hope this clears your doubts
Do write back in case of concern
Follow-up: Stomach pain, burning after bowel movement, yellow pellets in stool. Earlier done colonoscopy. Reason? 7 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. I do feel better knowing it was a medicine, the worry i have is that it wasn't digested (the gralise) So my nervous system isnt getting Thr medicine.

I will ask my osteopathic doctor on Wednesday who is helping me with headaches (also Botox injections and physical therapy). I do exercise daily and am surprisingly in overall good health other than the migraines and heavy menstrual cycles. The migraine treatment with heavy NSAIDS seems to have been successful but unfortunately my stomach cannot tolerate so he suggested stating prilosec (I'm guessing thats what you mean by adding a ppi)

I also do cognitive behavioeal therapy for my generalized anxiety due to chronic pain and genetic factors.

Thanks again, for your answer.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later

Its good you are aware of your health

It makes treating patients easier

For migraine try a muscle relaxant and take it as soon as you have the feel that the pain will take control, do not allow the pain to establish

Yes prilosec is a PPI , take it twice a day for two weeks followed by maintenance of once a day

Hope this helps
Wishing you a healthy life ahead