Stomach pain and vomiting. Should I be concerned?

My 4 year old has said her stomach has hurt for a over a week. She wakes up in the morning with energy and appetite then around early evening she won't eat and becomes very tired. For three days, she has thrown up in the evenings; however, not prior to early evening. She falls asleep an hour or so before normal bed time each night over the past three or four days. Went to dr twice and nothing has came out of the visits. Very concerned.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

From your description it seems like an infection of the tummy. But to narrow down the possibilities I need more details about her symptoms.

If you can answer the following question:
-exact location and severity of pain
-Is there diarrhea or constipation present?
- does she have a fever?
-Is there any blood in stools or urine?
-Are similar symptoms present in other households?
- Has she been tested for anemia etc?
-Is she taking something unusual in her diet?
-What is the source of drinking water for her?
- Was she hit in her tummy while playing etc?

Investigations can be advised after knowing the answers to the above questions. At least an ultrasound of abdomen should be done, to check for an anatomical cause of her symptoms.

Waiting for your reply

Dr Vaishalee