Stomach pain. Tried Gaviscon and Panadol. Suggest medication

I have a burning, stabbing pain im my stomach. It seems to hurt more when I eat or move. Its been there since early this morning. I've tried Gaviscon and Panadol but its not helping.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably it is gastritis

Detailed Answer:

Thank you very much for asking question on health care magic

Since the problem is of recent origin, it may be gastritis. Please let me know whether you have taken any alcoholic drinks the previous night or any spicy foods you have consumed

As Gaviscon hasn't helped you, I would start you on sucralfate and metoclopromide. This combination helps in almost all cases of gastritis. You may need a prescription to get these medications.

Take frequent small bland diet and avoid alcohol, beverages and smoking in future.

Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask me any more queries if needed

Associate professor, MIMS