Stomach making a gurgling, growling sound, happens on deep breathing and swallowing air. Causes?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, whenever my daughter takes a XXXXXXX breath or swallows air, her stomach makes a gurgling sound or it growls.

Thanks for your response
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 27 minutes later
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Though the information you supplied is limited and sounds are best heard than read, I would like to give best possible explanation for the same.

The sounds that are associated with breathing in are usually lound scratchy or harsh sounds and they are called stridor like sound. Such sound may be audible all over chest or stomach. This sound is produced due to disturbance produced by secretions or pathology in airways, to the air breathed in.
Common disturbances are related to nose block, throat secretions, airway infections or low calcium situations.
Sounds that are produced due to breathing out are different, they are soft and more musical.

I hope this answers your question. please accept the same if no further queries..