Stomach heaviness, no kidney pain, no appetite, taken acidity tablet, have kidney stone

Respected Sir i m XXXXXXX from India i am 33 yrs old i have small stone in my left kidney its detect before 5 days now i have to other problem in my body also i do not feel kidney pen but from last two days i have feel so havy in my stomach even i do not eat much i have shown two mbbs doc and one kidney specialist but the all say its stomach related problem not kidney related and they give me some tablet of acidity and they said you will be ok in two or three days so please consult me and you know batter sir
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting the question.

Your question is a good one and I will provide you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

You mentioned that you have a kidney stone. Kidney stones even though small may cause a significant degree of symptoms. Symptoms of range from pain to nausea too sometimes gastrointestinal upset.

I am glad to hear that you visited with some physicians who have examined you and determined that the discomfort in your stomach is not related to the kidney stones. However, kidney stones can contribute to high acidity in the stomach via a stress response. We know we now through good research that stress causes the body to generate more secretions of acid in the stomach. This can lead to ulcers as well as upset stomach. I encourage you to take the medication which they have prescribed you in order to lower the acid content of your stomach. I am confident that within a few days you should feel better.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I am here for you if you have any additional follow up concerns.

Dr. Robert.