Stomach heaviness, bloating. Lack of exercise, alcoholic, smoker. History of bronchitis. Causes for stomach disorders?

I have this serious Gastro problem, everytime I have food my stomach tends to become heavy and it is always very bloated which seems like I have a huge belly. I smoke and drink occasionally, I do not exercise and I eat non veg and fried stuff not too much but quite a bit. No allergies except occasional bronchital attack when season changes.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 10 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Abdominal bloating especially in the postprandial period is usually secondary to -
1) stomach problem like Gastritis
2) Gallbladder problems like cholecystitis or biliary dysmotility
3) Intestinal inflammatory conditions

All these cause an impairment in the gastric compliance and motility there producing the bloating sensation. These can be differentiated by a good history and examination and some blood and stool examinations as well as an ultrasound of the abdomen. Hence contact your GI for further evaluation and management.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have further queries.