Ask a Urologist   »  

Stomach heaviness, ankle pain. Blood and urine test done, shows traces of blood in urine. What do the tests indicate?

I got my blood and Urine tested on 20th Sep. Report shows "Traces of Blood" in Urine. Wanted to know what this means?
1) Now a days, I feel heavyness in stomach
2) Pain in both Ankles..heard uric acid level may also cause this
3) some times pain in the left side lower back. Mostly after driving while getting out of the car..will go away after some time
4) Urine is clear
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later

Traces of blood in urine is suggestive of urinary infection. If it is symptomatic then it needs to be treated with systemic antibiotics. The feeling of heaviness in stomach might be due to infection or digestive problem.

Pain in ankles can be due to increased blood uric acid levels. You can confirm this with the help of a simple blood test. Doing hot fomentation and analgesics like Acetaminophen can be of help.

Pain in lower back can be due to bad posture. Try to correct your posture and use a hard bed for rest.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.