Stomach heating and painful. Having loose stool. Pain in gallbladder area. On nexium. How to get cured?

Jan 2013

What does it mean when your stomach feels like it is heating up from the inside and it gets so bad to the point where the rest of your body feels like its burning up as well and you start to sweat and get ill because its so bad? I have been sick for more than a year now.For a long time my stomach hurt so bad I could hardly eat.I went from 175lbs down to 115lbs in less than 6 months.I had loose stools almost everyday until I began taking prevacid 24hr otc.Now It is occasional even though I am regular.When it happens my body temp goes up and I feel like I am burning up.I start to sweat it is so bad.I also get pain in the gallbladder area.I can no longer Digest red meat.Also cannot eat anything greasey,nothing with acid,and nothing with a lot of seasoning.I was put on the drug hyoscyamine twice a day version a few years ago for my IBS and had no problems until about a 1 1/2yrs ago.Now even if I take that medication I will have stomach cramps and sometimes even stomach pain.Some days I have to take extra acid medication because the prevacid doesn't always control it.I have been on it for more than 6 months.I've tried the other otcs and the same thing happens.I've also taken that prescription Nexium and has the same result.I have gone to a Doctor and paid $4000 and got no actual help.Please read all I have said and consider it all before responding because all the doctors I have been to focus on one thing I tell them and that does not get me better.I have
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
1) You are most likely suffering acute gastroenteritis with acidity problems as you are getting loose stools after taking meals. and you are also getting cramps in abdomen.
2) History suggestive of IBS is abdominal pain in the morning hours and gets relief after defecation.
3) Acidity problems indicates involvement of gastric/ duodenal mucosa and there are multiple causes including infection with H. Pylori bacteria, spicy food, excessive acid formation, smoking, alcohol intake, delayed gastric emptying.
4) You should take proton pump inhibitors, gastric protective agents, antacids, antibiotics and antispasmodics on written prescription.
5) You should also take dietary precautions:
a) Avoid tomato, citrus fruits, tea, coffee, chocolates, onion, garlic, oily and
spicy food.
b) You should keep 3 hours difference between meals and sleep.
c) Avoid tight cloths.
d) Avoid legumes.
e) Take Yogurt and soft diet.
f) Take small amount and frequent foods.
g) Avoid smoking and alcohol
h) Keep 3 hours difference between meals and sleep
i) Wear loose clothes.
j) Take small amount of frequent meals
6) If you are suffering from disease since long time and not getting your meals properly then there is high chances of weight loss.
you should also consult with physician/ gastro-physician.
Put your query if you have.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Stomach heating and painful. Having loose stool. Pain in gallbladder area. On nexium. How to get cured? 2 hours later
What do you recommend for the rise in body temperature when I do start feeling ill? How can I get my temperature back down? Also I sometimes get severe gas that will not move forward.I take medications such as Phazyme but it does not help it.Besides the normal over the counter gas medications is there something I can take.The medicine called Gas-X makes my stomach burn. Also the lack of all these things in my diet I was wondering could it cause my hair to get unhealthy? Because Since I quit eating red meat,anything with acid such as tomato sauce and oranges,and anything cooked with oil my hair has gotten unhealthy and began breaking by the bundles.Do i need to be on a daily vitamen?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
You should also go for thyroid function test.
For temperature, you can take paracetamol. this is safe and doesn't cause gastric problems.
If gas is not moving forward, then you should take pro kinetics medicine.
You should take pantaprozole/ rabeprazole twice in a day along with itopride 150 mg once in a day.
Unhealthy diet definitely affect your body.
Yes, you should follow all dietary precaution as described above. You can take multivitamin as well.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava