Stomach gurgling, nausea, burning sensation in abdomen, weakness, soft stools. What should I do now?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I just recently gave birth two months ago and have been sick ever since. My main complaints were loss of appetite and slight nausea and then it progressed to severe nausea, weakness, burning sensation and abdominal pain, gurgling in intestines, GERD, and yellow stool. So i found out via a HIDA scan that my gallbladder had a 0% ejection fraction. So i had my gallbladder taken out and 4 days later got really sick again with all the same symptoms. Went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital. The tests ran were an X XXXXXXX and CT scan of abdomen, all normal, some blood tests and also did an EGD where they found only slight inflammation, biopsy was negative for h pylori, but blood said positive for it. Also found a UTI and I am on bacterium. Was feeling better after not eating for awhile and a lot of pain meds, then went home and the symptoms started up again as I increased my food intake. Major complaint now is constant stomach gurgling, severe nausea, a burning sensation in abdomen and all over weakness....with soft flaky layered stools.What could or should I do now? I am trying to stay off percocet just in case if I was becoming dependent on it because it seemed to make me feel better when I wouldn't eat or drink much and take pain meds and phenegran.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 8 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Pregnancy causes a variety of hormonal changes which influence every organ system of the body. This ranges from dilatation or opening up of sphincters to slowing of motility of the organs. This is typically seen in your case. You have GERD where the sphincter is lax and is allowing reflux. The gall bladder was also slow. Actually it need not have been removed as there were no stones. With time it usually regains its function as the hormonal influence wears off.
All your investigation reports are nornal.
I would suggest the following.
1. Plenty of oral fluid intake.
2. plenty of fresh fruit XXXXXXX in vitamin C.
3. Milk and calcium supplements.
4. A wholesome and complete diet.
5. regular exercise to improve body function.
The above mentioned will help to improve the circulation and will relieve you of anxiety as well as prevent depression.
The following food additives will be helpful.
1. multi vitamin predominantly vit C and vit B complex.
2. calciun and iron supplements.
3. liver tonics containing ornithine which will improve your apetite.
For the ocassional burning sensation you can take sucralfate 1 tsf after meals.
I hope my advice helps you in relieving your symptoms.
With regards