Stomach gurgling, do not drink milk, sleeping helps. Best thing to cure this problem?

stomach gurgling... please help....
I am facing this problem since early 2008. I dont drink milk, I tried everything possible but the problem still exists. I feel very embarassed because of those weird sounds. A sound sleep helps me a little but during my school days I have to wake up early in the morning. Please provide me the best thing to cure this problem. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Radhika 28 minutes later

The sounds are normally heard using a stethoscope over your abdomen and sometimes they are audible to others too. There are mainly heard when:

1. You are hungry; you have skipped lunch, not eating on right time.
2. You are nervous, anxious about something.
3. You have too much of carbonated drinks, when you eat too fast.
4. Gastroesophageal reflux disease, here there will be spillage of stomach acid from the stomach to the food pipe.
5. good for people who suffer from acidity. Avoid tea, coffee, stress; eat meals at the proper time proper time. Do not eat spicy foods.

Eating a complete breakfast in the morning will not make you get those gurgling sounds. If you suffer from acidity you need to take antacids before meals like Capsule. omez twice daily for 5 days (20 minutes before food).

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer if you have no follow ups.