Stomach feels tight in the morning. Reason?

May 2013
Why is my stomach so tight in the AM that it wakes me up and makes me anxious?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
Possibly that could be due to accumulation of gas or sometimes collected urine in the bladder can make the abdomen tight.
If you feel anxious related to it, that will further make the condition worse by causing subconscious abdominal muscle contraction.
You can consult physician once, get examined and go for ultrasound.
By this any possible pathological condition can be ruled out.
Antacids and laxatives before going to bed can help to some extent. But you have to take them only after getting examined by the doctor and with his advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.