Stomach does not clear after a bowel movement. Why does this take away my energy? Treat it?

Question
I AM HAVING A MOTION PROBLEM IN THE MORNING PAST SO MANY YEARS. STOMACH IS NOT CLEAR IN ONE ATTEMPT.I AM 41 YEARS OLD.PLEASE ADVICE ME MEDICINE.ALSO I DO NOT FEEL ENERGETIC WHOLE DAY.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

I would like you to adopt the following measures:

1. Have fibre XXXXXXX food like oats as a porridge.

2. Have plenty of fresh fruits (like banana, papaya) and vegetables.

3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

4. Soak a handful of raisins in a glass of clean drinking water and keep it overnight. Drink the raisin soaked water and eat the raisins first thing in the morning.

5. Avoid white rice, pasta and maida. Have whole grain foods like brown rice , chappathis etc.

6. As an alternative to point no.4, Try drinking 3 glasses of water on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up. I know this is not possible on the first go, so start gradually. Start by drinking one glass of water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning for two - three days. Then gradually increase it to 2 glasses in the morning and thereafter 3 glasses. Within 15-30 minutes, you will have the urge to pass motion and most likely you will have a good bowel movement.

7.Avoid XXXXXXX fried, fatty food , chocolates, tea, coffee, alcohol, smoking, fast food and junk food.

8. Another possibility is you are stressed about work/personal issues/anxious about something(? motion problem), which might be the reason you don't feel energetic the whole day.

Regular exercise for 30 - 45 minutes a day is a must. Join a gym or go for swimming/aerobics .It will help you feel energetic and at the same time exercise helps in good bowel movements. Join yoga/meditation classes if you are feeling stressed out.

If you follow these measures, you will definitely feel much better.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Dr.Divya kuttikrishnan