Stomach distress and light tan stools.

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My husband has been sick alot of stomach distress and he is having very light XXXXXXX stools
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 6 hours later

From the history and symptoms of abdominal pain and pale stools it suggests that there is likelihood of the common bile duct being compressed by the pancreatc disease. From the medications that he takes, it is likely to be a case of pancreatitis. Kindly do the following investgations.

1. Liver function tests which include bilirubin levels
2. Lipase and amylase levels
3. CA 19-9 levels
4.Stool for occult blood.

If any of the above show a abnormal result then you need to go for radiologic investigations like CT abdomen or a MRCP to know the exact extent of the lesion in the peripancreatic area of the abdomen.

Hope this answers your query. Please let me know if you have any further queries.