Stomach cramps, taken morning after pill, unprotected sex, pregnancy test report negative. Reasons for cramps?

Last Friday September 16th I had unprotected sex, but he didn't go inside me. On September 18th I took the morning after pill. From then on Ive have minor cramping they feel like period cramps. I am not due for my period until October 5th, what could this be? Ive taken a couple pregnancy test all negative. Hope you can help.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing good information for you.

The cramping you are experiencing is most likely from the morning after medication. This is a powerful medication which can induce uterine contractions as part of the therapeutic effect of the drug. These symptoms will slowly resolve in the next few days I can assure you. In the meantime maintain good fluid hydration and get plenty of rest - nothing to worry about otherwise.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you find my response to be helpful. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga