Stomach cramps and white discharge. Taking sprintec. Unprotected sex. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
ive been on sprintec and always have gotten my period when i got to the sugar pills its been 4 days and no period but i have cramps and a white discharge that comes and goes. ive been having unprotected sex and i did miss a pill or 2 this month. could i be pregnant? whats the white discharge?
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
If you have missed a pill or two this month and you have been having unprotected sex regularly, then your chances of being pregnant are there. The symptoms you are having are non specific and do not conclusively indicate about pregnancy.

If you experience any symptoms of pregnancy then you should check the status of pregnancy. Pregnancy symptoms include absent or delayed period for more than 10 days along with morning sickness, vomiting, frequent urination, feeling tired, tenderness of breasts, light-headedness, feeling dizzy, getting irritated, and increase sensitivity to smell.

In such a case, you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test kit. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Stomach cramps and white discharge. Taking sprintec. Unprotected sex. Chances of pregnancy? 2 minutes later
i have also been constipated like the past 2 weeks. could that be a sign of pregnancy? i havent changed anything in my diet

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Feeling constipated is not suggestive of pregnancy. It could be due to change in the diet, decreased fluid intake or premenstrual syndrome.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.