Stomach cramps, acidity and motions. Taken nimesulide, ofloxacin and ornidazole. Advise?

I have taken a Nimuslide tab due to fever 3 days back. My stomach was having cramps for that I have taken 3 day course of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole tab. Now I don't have cramps but my stomach is getting heavy after having food. I have motions dark and 2-3 times a day. I feel acidity also in my stomach. Pls advice. I am not having any medication or alcohol as of now.
Posted Thu, 24 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 36 minutes later

The symptoms you have right now are due to acid peptic disease which could be in the form of ulcerative gastritis.Such conditions could be caused by stress, infections , medications like pain killers and antibiotics etc.The dark coloured stools could be due to minor bleeding form the peptic ulcers.

I suggest you to take Tab Prilosec OTC one early in the morning before food for two weeks , this will help you to get rid of the acidity and heal the ulcers you may have.

Do avoid spicy and oily foods for atleast 15 days also do consume lot of vegetables XXXXXXX in fibres like carrot, radish, lettuce etc which helps you in easy digestion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.