Stomach cramps. Abnormal fluid seen in ultrasound. History of C-difficile infection. Advice?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have fluid in the abdomen what is that
I was having craming in my right side since I got c-difficle now the cramping did not go away so I had an ultasound it showed abnormal fluid what are somethings it could be
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Tapan Shah 26 hours later

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor reply and thus improve satisfaction levels. Hence please answer the following

Could you give me a detailed description of your complaints such as
- Is the pain continous or intermittent?
- Is the pain dull aching or sharp?
- Is the pain reduced by some medication or act?
- Is there any thing that aggrevates the pain?
- Is there any diarrhea, blood in stool?
- Are your periods regular?
- Do you suffer from any other medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, liver disease, renal disease and so on?
- Specify your personal habits if any such as smoking or alcoholism?
- Is there history of past surgery or long term medications?
- Do you have reports of recent blood investigation esp while u had c.difficle infection?

It could also help me if you can upload a scanned ultrasound report.

Fluid in abdomen upto some level is normal. It helps to reduce friction when bowels rub on each other. When this fluid is in excess, its called 'ascites'. Ascitis occurs due to multiple reasons which needs evaluation.

Your reply to the above questions and the reports will help me answer your query in a better way.

Awaiting your reply.