Stomach burns like it has acid. Burns more when belching and having nauseous. Any insight?

I have beeen sick to my stomach for days now...My stomach burns like there is too much acid in it..and I can feel it come up a little bit and burn more or I belch...When I belch it burns more but the nausea feeling backs off a little bit...I also for the past 2 days have had pale yellow, soft stool..This is not normal for me...I am 42 yr old female..thin and in pretty good shape...Any ideas what might be causing these symptoms...I have also been feeling really anxious and fatigued since this started...Thank you for any insight on my situation .
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
It is very likely that he has a moderate case of gastritis which is caused by excessive acid secretion and irritation of the lining of the stomach.
It is aggravated by spicy food, oily food, smoking, tobacco of any kind, alcohol, coffee, anxiety, sliding hernia which is a condition where the upper part of stomach is pulled up in the chest.
This causes a variety of symptoms including pain in the abdomen, nausea and vomiting. This can also alter the consistency and frequency of the stools.
I recommend you go to the pharmacy to obtain omeprazole 20 mg tablets.
You should take one tab with breakfast and one with dinner for 7 days. After 7 days you should take one with breakfast only for 21 more days. This should promote healing and resolution of your symptoms.
You can also take antacids to relieve the acute symptoms as and when required.
Avoid oily and spicy food.Also reduce tea, coffee, alcohol , smoking.Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday. Eat dinner 2 hrs before sleeping .
Avoid lying down immediately after a meal, rather lie down flat only after 2 hours. Till then you may lie at a recline at 45 degrees with head-end up. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Keep well hydrated.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Stomach burns like it has acid. Burns more when belching and having nauseous. Any insight? 18 hours later
Ok..thank u for your time..In follow up...Can that excess secrection of acid change the color of my bowel movements??

Thank you again for your time and service

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The excessive acid secretion can be associated with indigestion which can cause a lighter color stools. The color of the bowel movements can also be affected by the type of food we eat.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.